Garbanzo beans in salad dressing? Heck yeah. They add fiber, protein, and potassium, plus a thick, luscious texture.
| 4 side salads |
210 calories per serving
- 5 ounces ready-to-eat salad greens
- 1 haas variety avocado
- 1 14 ounce can hearts of palm
- Optional: 4 strawberries as garnish
Truffle My Feathers Dressing*
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Scant 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon fresh, minced garlic
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
*Makes 1/2 cup dressing. 58 calories per tablespoon. Keeps, refrigerated, for one week. Excellent on any combination of salad greens, strawberries, pears, and chicken.
Make the dressing: In a blender, mix together all of the dressing ingredients except the garbanzo beans. Once the mixture is emulsified, add the beans and pulse on and off until the dressing reaches a coarse – but not liquified – consistency.
Assemble the salad: Toss the salad greens with a light coating of the dressing; add salt and pepper to taste. Divide the greens among individual plates and arrange the avocado and hearts of palm on top. Garnish with slices of strawberries, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!