Baby Kale & Apricots With Ricotta Salata and Apricot Vinaigrette
- 5 ounces ready-to-eat baby kale
- 5 ounces arugula
- 4 ripe apricots, pitted and sliced into roughly 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 ounces ricotta salata cheese, sliced thin or crumbled
- 3 tablespoons roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 ripe apricot, pitted and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon apple, pear or apricot juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
Prepare the salad ingredients: Transfer the salad ingredients to a bowl, reserving about one third of the cheese and half the pumpkin seeds for garnish.
Make the dressing: Mix together the chopped apricots, shallot, vinegar and juice in a blender until smooth. With the blender running, add the olive in a thin stream. Taste-test the dressing and add the salt and pepper according to taste.
Arrange the salad: Toss the salad with a light coating of the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste, and additional dressing, if desired. Toss the salad again, divide among plates, and garnish with the reserved cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve and enjoy.