Bathe your tastebuds in complex layers of potent flavors with Ginger Orange Salad Dressing. It’s umami leanings make it a perfect compliment to hardy, mildly bitter greens.
Ginger Orange Salad Dressing
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced*
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 rounded tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add more hot pepper sauce and/or garlic and ginger for a spicier flavor, or more vegetable oil and/or orange juice for a milder taste. Toss with any combination of hardy greens, such as escarole, spinach, cabbage, bok choy, arugula, kale, or collard greens.