Green Beans & Grilled Veggies – Cilantro Parmesan Dressing
| Serves 6 |
158 calories per serving
- 1 pound green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 carrots, rinsed, peeled and sliced into
- thin, 2 inch pieces
- 3 ears corn, husked and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, on-the-vine or other full flavored variety
- Olive oil spray
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 generous tablespoons cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon fresh, minced garlic
- 2 generous tablespoons grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese
Prepare the salad ingredients: Fill a medium saucepan with enough water to cover the beans and bring to a full boil over high heat. Plunge the beans in and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immediately run the beans under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside. Spritz the carrot slices and corn with olive oil spray and sprinkle with a little salt. Transfer the veggies to the grill or sauté pan and cook, turning frequently, until evenly browned on each side, about 5 – 7 minutes. While the veggies cool, slice the tomatoes into salad size wedges. Then, slice the corn from the husks.
Make the dressing: Transfer all of the dressing ingredients except the Parmesan cheese to a blender. Combine on a medium high speed until the cilantro is broken down and the liquid ingredients are just combined. Add the cheese and blend again until the dressing is smooth.
Assemble the salad: Transfer the beans and grilled veggies to a salad bowl or serving plate. Toss together with a light coating of the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Garnish the salad with the tomatoes and drizzle additional dressing on top, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!