While thick-skinned jicama can be peeled with a vegetable peeler, I prefer using a sharp knife. This approach might sacrifice a bit of the flesh, but I find it easier and faster.
Jicama Salad With Mango, Avocado & Savory Ranch Dressing
| Serves 6 |
211 calories per serving
- 2 small – medium raw jicama
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (about 18 tomatoes)
- 1/2 ounce microgreens (about 1 cup), sunflower sprouts, or a combination
Savory Ranch Dressing
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dry herbs such as basil, marjoram, chives, or a combination
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prepare the salad ingredients: Using a sharp knife, cut the tough outer skin from the jicama and dice into roughly 1/4 – 1/2 inch pieces. Peel and slice the mango and avocado, cutting each into roughly 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the tomatoes in half. Transfer the salad ingredients to a serving bowl, reserving the micro-greens as a garnish.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the dressing ingredients together until smooth.
Assemble the salad: Toss the salad with a light coating of the dressing. Arrange the micro-greens on top of the salad. Drizzle with additional dressing, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!