Herbaceous Ranch Dressing is luscious on baby greens such as arugula or mesclun mix topped with chicken or salmon. Or, it makes a healthy (and so tasty!) substitute for mayonnaise in potato salad or egg salad.
No-Mayo Herbaceous Ranch Salad Dressing
| Makes about 1 cup | 35 calories per tablespoon
- 1 small container plain, nonfat yogurt,
- about 5.3 ounces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 scant cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 1 scant cup dill leaves, lightly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Transfer all ingredients to a blender. Combine on a medium high speed until the parsley and dill leaves are broken into small bits and the dressing is fairly smooth and creamy. Enjoy on light or dark salad greens, salmon, chicken, potatoes and as a super scrumptious alternative to mayonnaise in egg salad.