See the 1 minute video demo: Olive Tofu Dressing.
Olive Tofu Salad Dressing
- 4 – 5 olives, pitted
- Juice of 1/4 medium size lemon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 inch slice firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- Drop of agave syrup or pinch of sugar
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons water or additional vinegar/oil for thinning the dressing
Drop the olives into a blender. Add the lemon juice and vinegar, then the minced scallions. Squeeze in a drop of agave syrup or add a pinch of sugar. Pour in the olive oil. Hold the cover down on the blender and turn on the machine. Blend until ingredients are well combined and the dressing has a fairly smooth consistency. If necessary, thin with a little water or additional vinegar and oil.
This dressing is excellent on any kind of salad greens, and goes well with fish, steak, lamb and tomatoes. Makes about 1/2 cup dressing.