Roasted pumpkin seeds exude rich flavor similar to almonds, but with about half of the calories. They’re packed with nutrition, including potassium, magnesium and iron, and provide lots of healthy fiber.
Pasta Caesar Salad With Pumpkin Seeds
| Serves 6 |
288 calories per serving
- 4 cups cooked pasta such as farfalle, penne or macaroni
- 5 ounces baby kale, spinach or other hardy salad greens
- 6 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes (about 12)
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Make the dressing: In a large salad bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients, except the olive oil, until well combined. Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking, until the dressing is emulsified. Taste-test the dressing on a piece of lettuce. Adjust the salt and garlic according to taste.
Prepare the salad ingredients: Slice the tomatoes horizontally into half or quarter pieces. Roughly chop the pumpkin seeds.
Assemble the salad: Transfer the cooked pasta to the salad bowl with the dressing and toss well. Add the greens and the tomatoes, along with about half of the pumpkin seeds and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle in the salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Toss the salad again, then garnish with the reserved pumpkin seeds and Parmesan. Serve, and enjoy!