When I discovered pre-cooked quinoa on my grocery shelf I practically jumped for joy. Susie’s Quinoa can be used right out of the package, or microwaved and served hot. In this recipe, simply sprinkle it over the salad.
Quick Tofu Salad With Quinoa & Spicy Teriyaki Dressing
| Serves 4 |
265 calories per serving
- 1 14 ounce package extra firm tofu
- 5 ounces ready-to-eat baby arugula
- or spinach
- 4 1/12 ounces prepared quinoa
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- Optional: 1/3 cup prepared edamame beans
Spicy Teriyaki Dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared teriyaki sauce (I recommend Soy Vay brand with low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon ginger juice*, or 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
*Ginger Juice is made by the Ginger People and is available at many U.S. grocery stores and online.
Make the dressing: In a medium size serving bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until well emulsified. Taste-test the dressing on a piece of arugula and adjust seasonings according to taste.
Prepare the tofu: Divide the tofu into 8 even slices and arrange on several layers of paper towels. Place several additional layers of paper towels on top of the tofu and press down firmly, squeezing the water out of the tofu.
Assemble the salad: Crumble the tofu into the bowl with the dressing. Add the arugula, quinoa, and tomatoes and toss the salad well. Garnish with the edamame beans, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!