I garnished this crunchy slaw salad with micro-greens, adding a hefty dose of vitamins (C;E;K) and beta-carotene. I like the way their light, lacy texture contrasts with the other salad ingredients.
Slaw, Grapes & Goat Cheese Salad With Honey Ginger Dressing
| Serves 4 |
193 calories per serving
- 1 12 ounce package broccoli slaw
- 1/2 head radicchio, or 1/4 head purple cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup red or green grapes, or a combination, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 – 1 cup micro-greens
- Optional: 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
Honey Ginger Dressing
- 2 1/3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Prepare the salad ingredients: In a salad bowl, toss the broccoli slaw with the sliced radicchio and about half the grapes.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl or blender, mix the dressing ingredients until well combined. Taste-test the dressing on a piece of slaw; adjust the amount of salt and honey according to taste.
Assemble the salad: Toss the salad ingredients with a thorough coating of the dressing. Garnish the salad with the remaining grapes, goat cheese crumbles, micro-greens and optional cranberries. Grind on some fresh pepper, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!