Spicy Pickled Pimento Dressing is packed with vibrant flavor, plus vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, thanks to the generous amount pimentos and cilantro. It’s excellent with cauliflower, broccoli, squash, apples, pears, and goat cheese. Or, use it as a sauce over fish, chicken or shrimp.
| 2/3 cup | 24 calories per tablespoon
- 2/3 cup plant based milk such as pea milk* or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 pickled pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
*I recommend Ripple Brand pea milk for its clean, neutral flavor and high protein content. It’s available at many Whole Foods and Fresh Markets as well as health food stores.
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a blender until well combined but not liquified. Taste-test the dressing on a piece of lettuce or other ingredient from your salad. Add additional hot sauce and/or salt according to taste. Toss with a salad of your choice. Dressing keeps fresh in the fridge for several days. Shake or whisk well before using.