Spicy Sesame Lover’s Salad
| Serves 4 |
197 calories per serving
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 8 – 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small Haas avocado, sliced into salad size pieces
- Optional: 2 tablespoons maple ginger sesame crunch
- Optional: 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño oil*
- 1 teaspoon soy or tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Optional: Several drops Tabasco or other hot sauce
*I love O Olive Oil’s Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil for its fresh, spicy flavor. Or, you can make your own.
In a large salad bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth and emulsified. Add the greens to the bowl and toss well with the dressing. Garnish the salad with the remaining ingredients. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve, and enjoy!