Strawberry Ginger Dressing is excellent over sliced fruit, or with a green salad like the one pictured below. Enjoy!
| Makes about 1/3 cup | 38 calories per tablespoon
- 4 fresh ripe strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root*
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar or drop of agave syrup
Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Taste test the dressing and adjust seasonings. For a spicier dressing, add more garlic and ginger. For a sweeter dressing, add more sugar or agave syrup. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. (For tips on taste-testing, click here.) Makes a little over 1/3 cup dressing. Dressing keeps, refrigerated, for several days.
*Note: If you love a salad dressing with a silky smooth texture, I would highly recommend a Vitamix or Nutribullet, as these high power blenders are designed to liquify solid ingredients such as strawberries and ginger root.