Strawberries give this beet tartare a lovely tang; goat cheese adds an earthy bite and quinoa gives it a nice crunch plus a dose of protein. The green salad topping is zesty yet super simple to make thanks to O Olive Oil‘s citrus infused oil and vinegar, both available at Whole Foods and other quality grocery stores.
| Serves 4 sides or 2 main courses |
167 calories per side serving
Beet ‘N Strawberry Tartare
- 8 ounces cooked beets
- 8 ounces strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tablespoon chives, roughly chopped
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces (about 2 cups) salad greens such as arugula or spring mix
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons O Olive Oil O Meyer Lemon Olive Oil*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons O Olive Oil Orange Blossom Champagne Vinegar*
- Salt & pepper to taste
If these products are not available in your area, you can order online, or make your own.
Prepare the tartare: Transfer the beets, strawberries and chives to a food processor and pulse on and off until the mixture achieves the texture of coarsely ground beef. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the quinoa and goat cheese crumbles. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Make the salad: Toss the salad greens with the olive oil and vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste. Slice the avocado and set aside.
Assemble the salad: Mound the beet tartare on individual plates. Top each with some salad and avocado. Serve, and enjoy!