Tropical Shrimp Salad – Mango Ginger Dressing
| 2 main course salads |
367 calories per serving
- 16 medium cooked shrimp
- 5 ounces mixed greens such as romaine, arugula, mesclun or spring mix
- 1/2 – 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into salad-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled mango (plus more for dressing)
- 4 – 6 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Optional: Slices of strawberries and/or dragon fruit
- 5 tablespoons Ripple pea milk**
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons peeled mango, chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 3 – 4 fresh mint leaves, torn in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
*Dressing contains 34 calories per tablespoon.
**Ripple Pea Milk is available at many Whole Food Stores, Fresh Markets, and health food stores. It’s among the few plant-based milks that contain protein comparable to cow’s milk. If it is not available in your area, substitute unsweetened coconut milk from the dairy section (the kind in boxes) or goat’s milk kefir.
Make the dressing: Transfer all of the dressing ingredients – except the mint – to a blender, using the minimum amounts of mango and shallot indicated. Mix on high speed until smooth and emulsified.
Taste-test the dressing on a piece of lettuce. Adjust the amount of mango and shallots as well as the salt and pepper according to your preferences, then, pulse again. Add the mint and pulse until it is broken into small pieces but not liquified. Set the dressing aside at room temperature so that the flavors meld.
Assemble the salad: Transfer the salad greens to a serving bowl. Whisk the dressing lightly and spoon several tablespoons – enough for a light but thorough coating – over the salad. Toss well. Assemble the remaining ingredients over the salad. Drizzle additional dressing over the salad, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!