| Serves 4 |
187 calories per side serving
- 5 ounces ready-to-eat salad greens
- 1 red apple – any variety you love
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds or dry cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed brittle or candied pecans, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cinnamon & Clove Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 ounces feta or goat cheese
Make the dressing: Whisk all the dressing ingredients together except for the cheese. Once the ingredients are emulsified, stir in the cheese and set the dressing aside.
Prepare the salad ingredients: Transfer the salad greens to a bowl. Slice in about half the apple and orange, reserving the remainder for garnish on top of the salad. Add the pomegranate seeds and/or cranberries.
Assemble the salad: Strain the dressing over the salad, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss well. Arrange the cheese on top of the salad, along with the reserved apple and orange slices. Sprinkle on the sesame seed brittle. Serve, and enjoy!