I recommend making a big batch of this sublime dressing – like, triple the recipe – as you can transform its personality from one day to the next with the simple addition of a few herbs or spices.
Rate this recipe:
| Makes 1/3 cup |
11 calories per tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lite canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Optional: 1 tablespoon roughly chopped herbs such as mint, basil or cilantro*
- Optional: 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon spice such as curry powder, mustard powder or cumin*
*If you add optional herbs or spices, I recommend adding 1/8 teaspoon of salt, too.
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Taste-test the dressing. Add additional ginger and herbs or spices (if using) according to taste.
Yogi Ginger Dressing is super luscious tossed with mesclun mix, arugula, apples, strawberries and any tropical fruit such as pineapple, mango or avocado. It’s also yummy drizzled over lamb, chicken or salmon.